During the 2017 Hurricane Season, we realized that our customers wanted to communicate with us directly, but due to downed power and loss of internet, that was close to impossible. Since your hurricane deductible is based on a calendar year, if you experience damage to your home, we suggest opening up a claim.
The fastest way to open your claim is to directly thru the carrier. In most cases you can open a claim online or call the claims department directly. If possible, have your policy in front of you for reference of your policy number and deductible. Please click here (https://eastandgreenwell.com/claims/), to bring you to the listing of our insurance carriers and claim department contacts.
After placing the claim, an insurance adjustor will contact you to set up a time to come to your home and review the damage. Due to potential widespread damage, this may take upwards up of 7-10 business days. It is imperative to stop or mitigate further damage. If this is necessary, please take any photos before repairs are made as well as keep any receipts for your records to turn into your adjuster.
In review, here is a checklist to progress your claim:
- Contact Insurance Company to open claim, take note of your adjuster contact
- Make efforts to avoid further damage
- Review your insurance policy jacket – especially the section titled “Duties after loss”
- Use your phone or camera to take pictures of any damage to the interior or exterior of your home
- Write a list of items that were damaged and what you paid for them, if applicable
In the event of power outage and/or phone & internet service is down. Please feel free to contact our agency at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns. Please note we will respond as quickly as possible. Once it is safe, power, phones and internet are restored, our offices will reopen and we will be ready to assist with your questions.