Nothing says freedom and the American dream like the ability to travel across the country and anywhere you place via an RV. It’s a luxury that allows you to travel long distances at your own pace. However, from the perspective of Insurance, is carries its own unique risks.East & Greenwell has you covered. We help you save in many ways, including allowing you to suspend coverage during seasons when your RV isn’t in use. We also can dig up discounts for you if you have both your Auto Insurance and Motorhome Insurance with us.

We get a lot of questions when clients are shopping for Motorhome Insurance in Florida. As you’re doing your research, as yourself:

  • Should you cover your contents on your Motorhome policy or are they covered under your Homeowners policy?
  • Does your experience with Motorhomes have an impact on your rates?

We’ll make sure you’re properly insured at the best value possible! We know that instead of trying to make sense of lengthy paperwork, you’d rather get out there and focus on the trips you enjoy the most. That’s why East & Greenwell makes it easy to acquire the Motorhome Insurance you need. Simply pick up the phone and call us today!

1. What is Motorhome Insurance?

Motorhome Insurance covers Recreational Vehicles, or RV’s, of 3 different classes. Within those classes are the different types of motorhomes, including trailers, camper vans, bus conversions, and luxury coaches.

2. What are the 3 RV Classes?

Motorhome Insurance classifies motorhome vehicles into 3 different classes: A, B, and C. Here is how they are defined:

Class A is composed of luxury model vehicles, such as motorcoaches and converted busses. They can extend up to 75 feet in length, and are built for long distance travel and leisure.

Class B is for the smallest class of RV’s. They are known for not having a cab-over. A few Class B RV’s include campers, certain cargo vans, and travel trailers.

Class C is any vehicle that uses a standard cargo van as the motor vehicle that transports campers that extend over the cab area. Fifth wheel vehicles are also included in Class C.

3. Is Motorhome Insurance Required to Have a RV?

Yes! In every state, you must have Motorhome Insurance to operate a recreational vehicle. Florida State Law requires you to have Motorhome Insurance any time your RV is on the road, rented, or financed. This means it isn’t necessary during the months in which your vehicle is not in use, so long as your RV is not rented or financed. Your plan must include the minimum amount of liability insurance. Any additional insurance options are up to the consumer.

4. What Does Comprehensive Motorhome Insurance Cover?

Comprehensive Motorhome Insurance covers incidents not involving a collision. For example, if your RV is stolen, if it is damaged by the elements of nature (IE: Hail), or if you hit an animal, comprehensive insurance will provide coverage for your losses. This coverage kicks in after your deductible, which is why it is important to pay attention to the deductible amount when selecting your plan.

5. Will my MotorHome Insurance cover accidents with uninsured or underinsured motorists?

It can, if you select the option as part of your plan. We highly recommend that you select a plan that covers uninsured or underinsured motorists so that any damages you incur with such an individual are covered.

6. How much does Motorhome Insurance cost?

The cost for Motorhome Insurance varies depending on the policy you purchase. Remember that lower insurance costs almost always indicate limited coverage. We recommend talking with one of our agents about your options, and which policies are best suited to your needs. We can even help you see what discounts are available to help you save on your overall costs!